Haven't played it yet, but tell me developer. I played a game that looks REMARKABLY like this a very long time ago..we're talking like 2001. Was only available on apple computers, and the name wasn't easy to remember. Very big map, can jump from planet to planet when done with that area. Can trade, can fight. If you kill someone but their ship isn't destroyed, you were able to take that ship as your own. TELL ME this game is exactly like that! Cuz i miss that game so much!
A downloadable game for Windows, macOS, and Linux
Naev is a game about space exploration, trade and combat. Players travel the galaxy and earn money by trading, fighting and performing missions.
- A large galaxy with hundreds of planets and moons to explore.
- Real-time, semi-Newtonian gameplay reminiscent of the Escape Velocity games.
- Many different ships to buy and pilot, and many ways to customize each of them.
- Multiple factions, each with unique ship designs and personalities.
- Open-source, meaning ultimate freedom of modding.
Currently Naev is a playable game, but it is far from being a complete one. To further mature the game, we, the developers, need you. Yes, you. All it takes is the motivation to be creative in some way! Probably the easiest way to help, as well as one of the most valuable ones, is by coming up with new stories for the game, and by shaping those stories into playable missions. Other ways to help include making art or sounds, improving gameplay via balancing work, or (if you have the ability) even a bit of coding on the main program.
A few things to keep in mind:
- This game is a hobby project, not an indie development project. There is no final plan, no time frame for the "finished game".
- The dev team does not accept monetary donations, only direct contributions to the game itself.
- The game engine is written in C. Missions are written in Lua.
- No, there is no multiplayer, and there probably won't be. Unless you add it!
|Updated||2 hours ago|
|Platforms||Windows, macOS, Linux|
|Release date||Sep 24, 2008|
|Genre||Role Playing, Action, Simulation|
|Tags||2D, Singleplayer, Space|
|Code license||GNU General Public License v3.0 (GPL)|
|Asset license||Creative Commons Attribution_ShareAlike v4.0 International|
|Average session||About a half-hour|
|Languages||German, English, Japanese|
|Accessibility||Color-blind friendly, Subtitles, Configurable controls|
|Links||Steam, Blog, Homepage, Source code|
- Naev 0.11.0-beta.15 days ago
- Sporadic Naev Newsletter Vol. 395 days ago
- New AutonavJul 30, 2023
- Ships Go BoomJul 17, 2023
- Naev v0.10.6 Released!Jul 07, 2023
- Naev v0.10.5 Released!Apr 23, 2023
- Universe RevisitedFeb 12, 2023
- Naev 0.10.4 Released!Feb 04, 2023
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.
activate to convert fuel from commodity cargo
activate to convert fuel from collected asteroid pieces
use file browser on naev folder to locate
can you tell me what you are confused about?
hopefully, maybe I can help.
I was confused as to what your post meant; are you recommending a mod? an outfit? questioning it's existence? ...
recommending an outfit
here is a description the outfit:
<description>While the process of refining fuel for space ships is possible using cheap available materials with the adequate machinery, production is usually limited to large immobile stations or astral bodies. By sacrificing machinery size and complexity, the Fuel Recycler is able to synthesize fuel in a very compact form. The downside is that the device ends up significantly reducing efficiency and requiring large amounts of raw materials to generate fuel. Despite this, such generation can be useful for long space journeys or when in a pinch.</description>
<desc_extra>#gAllows converting space resources to fuel.#0</desc_extra>
good game 9/10
Will probably need to be rewritten some after 0.11.0 comes out... have you seen the changes! :D
a wonderfull game, 4/5 stars
my only problem is that after you play the game for a while, crashes happen more often